Thursday, August 7, 2008

Quilting

Every Tuesday night
for the past few weeks,
we ladies have a chance
to get together
and tie quilts.
They're for humanitarian aid.


Not only is it a
fun time to hang out
with friends and chat,
but we feel like
we're contributing
something small
for a good cause.


I usually take
the kids with me,
and Sydney has
been helping
some with the
quilting process.
One time she
was playing with
my phone
and started
taking pictures.
So, I thought I'd
post some.

We finish 2 each week,
and will keep going
for the next couple
of months.


It gives me
a chance to
think about
how blessed
we are
and how we
can do
something
to help
people all
over the
world who
need it.
It's kind of
a good
feeling!


1 comment:

J+S said...

Have you ever pieced quilts? Some ladies in my ward started a group years ago, and I did a few. It was fun, but I just didn't feel like I had the time then because I was in YW and then the Enrichment Counselor. Now I am ready to start again! This looks like fun.