Thursday, September 25, 2008

Learning

Making bread was always
one of those things that
intimidated me.
I guess I just gave up because
I had failed at it once or twice.
Then grandma came to stay with us
and spent an afternoon
teaching me how to bake bread.
It turned out perfect the way she made it,
and the wonderful smell filled the house.
She gave me her recipes,
but she gave me much more than that.


She gave me the confidence
to keep trying,
knowing that eventually it will turn out right.
And she also gave me a wonderful memory.
Every time I bake bread now,
I think of her
and that time she spent
teaching me.

3 comments:

Ramanda said...

Aren't you lucky to have such an awesome teacher! There is so much wisdom in a grandma. It looks like you were a good student too! That bread looks delish!!!

BERRETT'S said...

I love Grandmas and I do love yours she is awesome!

Kristine said...

Baking bread always reminds me of my grandma too. It's a blessing to have such a teacher in your life. The encouragement a grandmother can give means the world to me. I want to be the kind of grandma that mine was to me.