Thursday, September 11, 2008

The moment

This afternoon,
I was baking a batch of
chocolate chip cookies.
London came in and said,
"Mom, do you want to jump
on the tramp with me?"
I love it when she asks me
to do things with her.
I thought for a moment
about the cookies that were in the oven,
and as I thought,
heard the sound of
raindrops
falling on the roof.
I said, "Oh, London, I would like to,
but it's raining outside.
We can't jump on the tramp
in the rain."
She replied, "Yes we can!"
Then I thought of that quote
in this talk
by Elder Ballard last conference,
about living in the moment.
I thought about how important it is
to make those moments in life
that create our memories.
So I finished the cookies up
and we went outside
to jump on the tramp
in the rain.



2 comments:

o charm said...

i love this. i have thought about this a lot lately, and even alex & i had a conversation about this last night.

OnGod'sErrand said...

You're so good at that. I wish I had done more of it when you kids were little. It's too easy to focus on the things that don't really matter, but the opportunity for a memory may never come again.