Saturday, November 15, 2008

The guys and the girls

Last night,
Austin and Doug
went camping
with the Scouts.
They enjoyed
beautiful scenery
and slept well (relatively) in their tents
waking up to about 6 degree temps.
Wow. I so admire their
determination.
They did have fun.
However, it's times like this
that I am so glad
I'm not a guy.
The girls and I
made a night out of it.
We went and got a new movie to watch.

The kids picked out
their favorite tv dinners
and pulled all the blankets
and pillows off their beds.



We had a great time,
watching and eating,
in the comfort of our warm house.
It was delightful.

The girls had a slumber party,
all 3 of them,
in the family room.
This morning,
we had a lazy time
making pancakes and bacon
for breakfast.

Jordan decided today
was "dress up like a cowgirl" day.



Camping is fun and all,
I really enjoy it,
but I think I would draw the line at snow.
We admire the men in our family, though,
and sure missed them last night!

4 comments:

J+S said...

Your slumber party looks like fun. I feel sorry for the men, too. Whoever dreamed up the Klondike was seriously disturbed.

JaneH said...

Hey! it's the manly thing to do. And just think of the great time they have after it's all over telling the stories about how cold it was. I'm with you. To me roughing it is "Motel 8"

Rachel said...

I like your idea of fun! Sounds like a great night....I absolutely cannot believe that anyone would camp in weather like that.....brings a chill to my bone thinking about it!

OnGod'sErrand said...

The slumber party sounds nearly perfect----I'd have to pass on the TV dinners though. Take out Chinese sounds much more to my liking.