Thursday, March 26, 2009

More sweets

Today was another
inside day.
So, we made the most of it.
After we cleaned up the beds
from the living room slumber party last night,
we played some indoor baseball,
dodgeball,
rock band,
and made a fort.
Then I got a craving.
You know those big round Lofthouse sugar cookies,
the ones with the pink frosting?
They're not sold where we live,
but I discovered them in college
and fell in love with how big and soft they are.
The wheels started turning, and I thought,
If I could find the recipe,
that would keep the kids busy for an afternoon!
(A-ha, I'm too smart for my own good!)
So, I went on an internet hunt.
And found it! The perfect imitation recipe.
We made a quick trip to the store,
and then began making them.



They really are
so much like the ones you buy,
I was amazed!
Big and puffy,
but lighter and even more delicious.
Perfect!
It made a lot.
Now what??
I'm in trouble. :)

6 comments:

bullfrogranch said...

It looks like you had a great time with the cookies. You could almost put them in the freezer and let the kids pull them out one at a time as a "reward" for doing good things around the house during spring break. Just an idea... How yummy!

Lonni said...

Hey, share the recipe! I love those cookies. Our Walmart sells them here, but my kids would love to make them! They look so yummy. You always do such fun things with your kiddos!

Rifle Fam said...

Yum! I'd love to get your recipe. Chad absolutely LOVES those soft, super sweet sugar cookies. Of course, in the world of sweets there's not much he doesn't love. :)

Sally said...

What a fun mom you are! And the cookies do look like they turned out great.

o charm said...

i'd love to be in trouble with you.
and yeah, where's that recipe???

OnGod'sErrand said...

Need the recipe!!!
It's so great to see all of your kids involved in these projects. Great family memories.