Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's about time!

For the past few days,
Jordan has been working on her front tooth.
Wiggling, worrying,
twisting, trying,
pleading, pushing,
fumbling, fretting,
crying, coercing
pulling, prodding. . .
until today --
she came home from school
and it was turned sideways in her mouth.
Still in, but looking quite freakish.
I told her, Jordan -- it's time.
She refused to let me pull it out.
So we just waited.
And then,
finally
she came in and showed it to me.
It just fell out,
on its own.
How about that?

I think kids look so cute with their
front teeth missing, don't you?
Such a fun age.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I can deal with lots of things...but pulling teeth grosses me out! She does look so cute with her missing tooth! Your kids are beautiful!

OnGod'sErrand said...

That's a milestone, Jordan. The others will be much easier, but it may be hard to eat corn on the cob for awhile.

o charm said...

she does look so cute with it missing. i was just saying to alex the other day-- how sad i'll be the day milla's cute little teeth fall out and those big awkward ones grow in. now that's not so cute anymore.