Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thank you, thank you very much. . .

Somewhere, Sydney learned about
Elvis.
At school, from her friends, teachers,
I don't know.
I'm not sure if she has ever even
seen a picture of him.
But she's told her sisters about him.
Namely, London.
And London hasn't forgotten.

If I ask her the name of a

stuffed animal,

it's almost always Elvis.

The other day, I was fixing her hair in the morning.

When I finished, she asked,

"Do I look like Elvis?"

Today, she brought me her baby doll

wrapped in a blanket, and said,

"This is my friend Elvis."

One day, I asked if she knew who Elvis was.

I tried to explain that he was a rock star, a singer.

She asked where he is, and I told her

he had died a long time ago.

She looked devastated and said,

"No! Elvis can't be dead!"

To her, he still lives on . . .

even if it is in a doll.

4 comments:

J+S said...

Maybe you should take her to Graceland. Well, maybe you could tell her if she's really, really good then you can take her to Graceland. Or at least take her to see Bye Bye Birdie. :)

J+S said...

P.S. Maybe if you told her about your previous really cool roommates, some of the stuffed animals would have names like Julie, Lynette, Jenifer, Christine, Sarah, and Kaye. J/K.

BERRETT'S said...

London, I just got a rabbit and I named him...Elvis you will have to come over and see him. He is beautiful. I think that when you have a good name why change?!?

OnGod'sErrand said...

Have you got some Elvis CD's? His music will live forever. (Did her hair look like Elvis?)