Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple dumplin' gang

Sydney has a cute book
she likes to read.
In it, they make
apple dumplings.
One day, she asked me if
we could make some of these
apple dumplings.
I didn't recall ever making them,
or even having them before.
There was a recipe in the back of the book.
So tonight, we made them.

Sydney stirred together the
cinnamon and sugar.

Jordan helped roll out

the pie crust dough.


Then you peel and
core some apples,
place them on a
circle of dough,
fill the middle with
cinnamon/sugar,
and cover it up in the dough.


You boil some butter, water,
cinnamon/sugar together,
pour over the top, and bake for 30 minutes.
While you wait, you can
dance to some tunes, if you want.
We did.


























When it's done,
this is what it looks like.
It tastes even better.

I think we've found a new

fall tradition for our family.

5 comments:

JaneH said...

I haven't made Apple Dumplings in years. They are so good. Your post really made me hungry for them. And it is apple season. Guess we will have to join the Apple Dumplin' Gang. Thanks for reminding me.

J+S said...

Oh how my mouth is watering!

BERRETT'S said...

We have that book! Sounds like fun you are such a great Mom!!! I think we will give it a try! Yum!

Boyds said...

The pics look good enough to eat... sorry to hear about your mixer our thoughts are with you.

OnGod'sErrand said...

I love apple season. Those look delicious, but my favorite fall tradition is still CARMEL APPLES!