Friday, April 25, 2008

Surprise

Sydney's 2nd grade
class went on a
field trip to a tree farm
today. At the
end of their tour,
they were each
given a pansy
plant to take home.
Her first thought
was to give it to me
for Mother's Day.
When I picked her up
after school, she was
trying to hide it
under her coat.
She asked if I could
see what was underneath.
I had seen a flower, so I told her.
She was bummed and pulled it out
and said, I was going to give it to you
for Mother's Day. I thought she might
change her mind, but
next thing I knew, she had placed it
on the window sill in the kitchen.
The surprise wasn't such a surprise,
but the thought sure didn't mean
any less. It was so sweet.

2 comments:

The Page Family said...

How sweet!! There is nothing better then flowers that keep coming back!! Lucky mom!! Thanks for the park play date, it was fun visiting and being with the kids.

OnGod'sErrand said...

Sydney has such a soft heart! Every time you look at that pansy, it will put a smile on your heart.